In the last PNY Pro Tip, we covered buying tips for video cables, we will continue this topic and discuss the adapters that PNY includes with selected Quadro graphics cards and why they are not your average adapters.
Low Profile Quadro Graphics Cards:
Modern Quadro graphics cards are designed to work with the latest and most advanced monitors utilizing the DisplayPort standard. Full-size DisplayPort connectors provide not only the bandwidth required to drive professional monitors at incredible resolutions such as 4K, 5K and even 8K, they have cable retention features like a friction lock and a mechanical latch.
However, it is physically impossible to deploy more than two full-size DisplayPort connectors on low-profile graphics cards such as P400, P600, P620 and P1000 while maintaining the maximum number of video outputs the GPU can offer, so Mini-DisplayPort is utilized by these Low-Profile cards. While Mini-DP (also known as mDP) maintains the same bandwidth as its full-size counterpart, it does lack physical security features due to its small size.
This is where NVDIA worked with PNY to develop NVIDIA certified Mini-DP to DP adapters that we include with applicable Quadro and NVS graphics card products. These adapters have an additional security clip as part of their industrial design that works specifically with NVIDA’s Quadro and NVS low-profile cards. These adapters received NVIDIA certification by collaborative engineering and lab-testing to maintain the bandwidth necessary to deliver an ideal end-user experience.
In additional to the Mini-DP to DP adapters, PNY also offers many NVIDIA certified adapters for our Quadro and NVS product lines:
- MDP-HMDI-FOUR-PCK Connect the Low Profile Quadro to HDMI displays at resolutions up to 4K
- MDP-HDMI-SINGLE-PCK Connect the Low Profile Quadro to an HDMI display at resolutions up to 4K
- MDP-DVI-FOUR-PCK Connect the Low Profile Quadro to DVI-D SL displays at resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- MDP-DVI-SINGLE-PCK Connect the Low Profile Quadro to a DVI-D SL display at resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- DP-HDMI-FOUR-PCK Connect the Full Size Quadro to HDMI displays at resolutions up to 4K
- DP-HDMI-SINGLE-PCK Connect the Full Size Quadro to an HDMI display at resolutions up to 4K
- DP-DVI-QUADKIT-PB Connect the Full Size Quadro to DVI-D SL displays at resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
We highly recommend you insist on deploying your low-profile boards with NVIDIA certified adapters over third party adapters, since NVIDIA certified and PNY sourced adapters are designed to work specifically with NVIDIA Quadro and NVS professional graphics cards. Inferior adapters could potentially cause signal loss and drop in bandwidth that prevent the GPU from outputing at its maximum resolution, refresh rate or color depth that professional across disciplines ranging from AEC or M&E to DCC need to stay productive and creative.
Do you have a great tip to share with the community regarding PNY GPU or Storage products?
We would love to hear from you, please submit your tip suggestion by visiting the following page: